Effective ways to get people buying on your website
If your website is not supplying a steady stream of customers or leads then it is time to rethink your content.
- Product pages. These must be clear and concise, giving a good description of your product or service. Using photos or video can really help here. Show options, for example if you offer a product in different colours show photos of these as well.
- Pricing. Make sure your pricing is easy to understand and include those delivery charges, no one likes hidden charges that only appear on the check out page.
- Next steps. Make sure that users know what the next step is, have a clear buy it now, add to basket or call representative button that stands out from the rest of the page. Show the ways that a user can pay such as credit cards or PayPal.
- Trust. Visitors will only purchase from you if they feel your website us safe, ensuring that you have a valid SSL certificate in place will provide them peace of mind. Providing pictures, such as a padlock and simply stating that your site is secured can go a long way to help build trust.
- Reviews. Reviews of your products can help make visitors decide to make a purchase, after making a sale follow up requesting a review of the product or service and include this on your site. Including testimonials can also be helpful here, but always use real ones and don't be tempted to make them up.